This Week's Challenge

Hug somebody who needs it.

Reading from Monday, December 20

11 posts to go. Yay.

Reading for December 20
Haggai 1:1-2:23
These two chapters make up the entirety of the book of Haggai, and its a fairly dry two chapters. The majority of this book talks about God's temple and how it lies in ruin. I read through both chapters a couple times and still have nothing of any real substance to share with you. I hate to do this so late in the project, but this one comes in as a big skip.

Revelation 11:1-19

OK, let me see if I can get this right.

There are two dudes who will prophecy in God's name for 1260 days - which is about three and a half years. During their testimony they have the power to kill anyone who opposes them and inflict whatever plague or disaster on the earth that they want. After this time, they will be killed by what appears to be Satan - referred to here as "the beast that comes up from the Abyss".

Their bodies will lie in a public square for three and a half days and everyone will be super psyched that they're dead because they were condemning the people of the earth. After the three and a half days, God will bring them back to life and bring them up to heaven in front of everyone. This will be immediately followed by a devastating earthquake which will kill 7000 people.
 14 The second woe has passed; the third woe is coming soon.  

Psalm 139:1-24

This is an idea of God that has remained consistent for me throughout the entire journey through the Bible.
  1 You have searched me, LORD,
   and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
   you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
   you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
   you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
   and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
   too lofty for me to attain.
Not quite "all knowing" but certainly "all perceiving". 

Proverbs 30:15-16

 15 “The leech has two daughters.
   ‘Give! Give!’ they cry.
   “There are three things that are never satisfied,
   four that never say, ‘Enough!’:
16 the grave, the barren womb,
   land, which is never satisfied with water,
   and fire, which never says, ‘Enough!’

No comments:

Post a Comment