This Week's Challenge

Hug somebody who needs it.

Reading from Friday, November 12


This post created in MS Word – no internet connection at Nance’s house.

Howdy folks. I’m down here at Jill’s mom’s house for Thanksgiving. So the next few posts are gonna be done on Word, and I’m reading from an actual Bible, not online, so the quoted material may see a decrease..

When you say “Thanksgiving” where do you put the emphasis? I like to say “THANKSgiving” but I know most people say “thanksGIVing”. Jill thinks it’s something I inherited from my parents, but I actually started saying it that way on purpose cuz its weird.

Reading for November 12
Ezekiel 24:1 – 26:21
This reading opens with another analogy. God compares Israel to a cooking pot that has been used for years and years, but never cleaned. To the point where there is a heavy build up of crust on the inside of the pot and it cannot be removed by conventional methods. Only when you hold it to an extremely hot fire will the crust begin to loosen so in the same way, Israel has a buildup of sin that doesn’t seem to be able to be removed any other way than to “hold them to the fire” so to speak.

Chapters 25 and 26 are all about other nations that will feel God’s wrath. I think it’s a little annoying that the other nations are subject to God’s judgment for not following him, but are not privy to the grace and gifts he bestows upon Israel.

Hebrews 11:1-16
11:1 – “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”

Recently, I’ve been considering my belief in God.  As of right now, my stance is this:

I am not fully convinced that there is or is not a God that exists in the sense that he is “up there” somewhere. I would love undeniable evidence in my own life that would convince me to fully believe, but as of know I’m an agnostic Christian. But even if I decide at the end that I can’t believe that God exists, I would still like to practice what the Bible preaches and try to live my life as best as possible. It would just make praying a bit awkward…

But this verse above really makes me want to have a strong faith in every sense of the word. “Certain of what we do not see…” “Certain” – that’s where I have trouble, but I would love to be certain of God. I’m just not there yet.

Psalm 110:1-7
This one is weird and there’s not too much to gleam from it. Next.

Proverbs 27:14
 If a man loudly blesses his neighbor early in the morning, it will be taken as a curse.

OK, so goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment