This Week's Challenge

Hug somebody who needs it.

Reading from Friday, August 27

Howdy ho.

Reading for August 27
Job 23:1-27:23
This is sort of what I was saying the other night about how my fear of God finally solidified through reading Job's story. This story is proof that there is no consistency to God - at least not any kind we can detect or forecast. Check out what Job says:
12 I have not departed from the commands of his lips;
       I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.
 13 "But he stands alone, and who can oppose him?
       He does whatever he pleases.
 14 He carries out his decree against me,
       and many such plans he still has in store.
 15 That is why I am terrified before him;
       when I think of all this, I fear him.
Same for me, man. Same for me. 

2 Corinthians 1:12-2:11

There really isn't a lot happening in this part. Paul is addressing the Corinthians in a personal manner talking about his visits to them and stuff like that. I don't have much commentary of it, unfortunately.

Psalm 41:1-13

This sounds very similar to Job's situation:

 7 All my enemies whisper together against me;
       they imagine the worst for me, saying,
 8 "A vile disease has beset him;
       he will never get up from the place where he lies."
 9 Even my close friend, whom I trusted,
       he who shared my bread,
       has lifted up his heel against me.

Proverbs 22:5-6
 5 In the paths of the wicked lie thorns and snares,
       but he who guards his soul stays far from them.
 6 Train [a] a child in the way he should go,
       and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Tired. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment