This Week's Challenge

Hug somebody who needs it.

New Dashboard

Hey, what's up? I was just listening to Pandora at work and this new Dashboard Confessional song came up, and the lyrics hit me like a train. Check it:

I make my slow way home
Limpin' on broken bones
Out of the sickest heart
Onto the county lines
Onto your wooden stairs
I know you can't repair
I know you've seen the light
I know you'll get me right
Right

I own a sinner's heart
I know the rain falls hard
I know the currency
I know the things you'll need
I know you say the prayers
I see you cut your hair
I know you get me right
Right

Oh Jesus, I've fallen
I don't mind the rain if
I meet my maker
Clear, Jesus, I don't mind
I don't rush the reasons
I need my maker
To cure me of the sins I love
And take me out of my thinning blood
Take from me my disbelief
I know it should come easily
But it remains inside of me
It battles and devours me
It cuddles up beside of me
In whispers, it convinces me I'm
Right


The bolded part I think is really what hit me, because its encapsulates basically everything I'm feeling right now.

Side note: It's nice to see Chris Carrabba back to the faith based lyrics - The content of his albums has slowly been maturing ever since he left Further Seems Forever, and this just hit me right in the bones.

Anyway - I just thought I'd share it...maybe it speaks to you too.

2 comments:

  1. "Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. And Jesus said to them, 'All authority in heaven....And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.'"

    Matthew 28:16-20

    You're in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song is fantastic. I haven't listened to Dashboard in a while.

    ReplyDelete