This Week's Challenge

Hug somebody who needs it.

Tuesday, February 23

Howdy ho again. Sorry to cut the intro short again, but I'm freaking exhausted...

Reading for February 23
Leviticus 14:1-57
As you read this section of text, it becomes a bit overwhelming. Step after step of very precise directions on how to treat skin disease. Like very minute details and facts are required to be remembered for the process. Obviously, we are no longer required to do these things - and if you did, you would go straight to mental problem jail. Now more than ever though, I think the point of reading all of this is to say, "Thank God for Jesus' sacrifice - that we don't have to do all these things anymore to be in the presence of God."

Mark 6:30-56

OK - two things here.

1) We see a repeat of behavior from God. When Jesus is walking on water, he tells the disciples,
"Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." 51Then he climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. They were completely amazed, 52for they had not understood about the loaves; their hearts were hardened."
Their hearts were hardened. Just like the Egytian leaders during the time of Moses. However, there was no negative consequence this time. Interesting...

2) The touching of the cloak. I know a few days ago I posted the story of the woman who had been bleeding for 12 years and was completely healed just by touching Jesus cloak. At the original time of writing, I said that I thought this was not an "official, authorized" healing method. But now, in the last scene in this reading, a group of people come to Jesus and all they want to do is touch his cloak. Everyone who touched him was healed.

I think these hem-touchers are a foreshadowing of modern day lazy Christianity. All they are thinking about is what is in it for them? How can I be healed? No desire for a relationship with God. I'm not saying that's bad - it works for me and helps me threough my day.

Psalm 40:1-10


Ah-HA!
 6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
       but my ears you have pierced [b] , [c] ;
       burnt offerings and sin offerings
       you did not require.
Still in the Old Testament, but based on this psalm, God has already begun to change the way he deals with people.

Proverbs 10:11-12

 12 Hatred stirs up dissension,
       but love covers over all wrongs.
Love covers all wrongs. Take that with you. I can't even keep my eyes open. Goof night.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment